In my last post, I tried to do some sort of real review, which I’m sure sounded a bit boring and normal.
This time, I’m going to put it in real-world terms (much like music players, with their “how many songs can it hold”).
What can you do with this Netbook?
- Travel around
- Play old games
- Emulate NES, SNES, or PSX games smoothly
- Move and shake about
- Run image rips of CDs or DVDs
- Play music or video from a flash-drive or SD card
- Office computing
- Small-size graphics editing
- Connect to the internet through Wi-fi (b/g), cable, or mobile
- Install and use your USB devices
- Use an external SATA drive.
What can’t you do with this Netbook?
- Play newer games
- Do anything for longer than three hours
- Color-correction (the quality is crappy)
- High-powered rendering
- Use it in the shower
Really, just don’t expect things to be too fast. Gaming takes lots of speed, so nothing too new will work well. Other applications, like rendering or coding movies, will just take more time. Working from flash drives or SD cards takes some time.
Other than that, it’s incredibly capable and very broad-ranged. Waking from sleep mode only takes about three seconds, and the keyboard is nearly flawless.